Thursday, May 28, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
It allows you to define a set of rules for determining when the wheel will be used for changing the sound volume. For example: You can configure Volumouse to use your mouse wheel for volume control when the Alt key is hold down, when the left mouse button is down, when the mouse cursor is over the taskbar, and so on...
When the conditions that you define are not satisfied, your mouse wheel will be used for the regular scrolling tasks, exactly as before.
- Use the wheel when: This field represents the condition of the rule. For example: if your select 'Shift key is down', this rule will be activated only while the shift key is hold down. You can also disable a rule by selecting 'Disabled' in this field.
- Component: This field determines that sound component that you want to control with this rule. The default and the most useful component is the 'Master Volume' of your system.
- Channels: The default and the most useful option in this field is 'All Channels' - which means that both right and left channels are changed to the same values. If from some reason, you want to change only one channel separately - you can use the 'Left Channel' and 'Right Channel' options. Starting from version 1.10, 'Mute / Unmute' option is also available. If you select this option, scrolling the wheel down will mute the sound, and scrolling the wheel up will unmute the sound.
- Steps: The number of steps added to the sound volume for each move of the mouse wheel. If you increase this number, the volume will be changed faster when you scroll the wheel.
- Windows operating system: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or Windows Vista. (Windows 95 is not supported)
- Wheel mouse
- Sound card.
Download (portable version): http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/volumouse.zip
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Any Video Converter (free version) is the most renowned free video converter for converting video files between various formats, with fast converting speed and excellent video quality. While there are many competitive products on the market, many of which are freeware as well, Any Video Converter offers a winning set of impressive features, making it the utility of choice for many users.
.3g2 3GPP2, for CDMA-based phones
.3gp 3GPP, for GSM-based phones
.amv Anime Music Video, A modified version of AVI, produced for mp4 players and S1 MP3 players with video playback.
.asf Advanced Streaming Format or Active Streaming Format, it is Microsoft’s proprietary digital audio/digital video container format.
.avi Audio Video Interleave, known by its acronym AVI, is a multimedia container format introduced by Microsoft in November 1992 as part of its Video for Windows technology.
.avs AviSynth Script, the script language deals primarily with videos as a primitive data type.
.dat Digital Audio Tape, a signal recording and playback medium developed by Sony in the mid 1980s.
.divx Digital Video Express, a brand name of products created by DivXNetworks, Inc.
.dv Digital Video, a digital video format created by Sony, JVC, Panasonic and other video camera producers and launched in 1995.
.dvr-ms Microsoft Digital Video Recording, Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition and the Windows Vista version of Windows Media Center create files in this format. Also .ms-dvr.
.flv Flash Video, the name of a file format used to deliver video over the Internet using Adobe Flash Player
.m1v MPEG-1 Video elemantary stream, no audio.
.m2ts Sony high definition video file type. M2ts files are raw AVCHD videos recorded using Sony, Panasonic, Canon and other brands of AVCHD camcorders.
.m2v MPEG-2 Packetized Elementary Stream, normally destined to be multiplexed before use, mostly no audio
.m4v Raw MPEG-4 Visual bitstreams, commonly used in Apple’s iPod, iPhone, iTunes store and Xbox 360.
.mkv Matroska video file with subtitles and audio
.mov QuickTime multimedia file format
.mp4 MPEG-4 files with audio and video
.mpe Video encoded in MPEG format, a commonly compression applied to digital video files
.mpg MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 Video, in NTSC or PAL format for different TV systems.
.mpv MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 video elemantary stream, most mpv files have no audio.
.ogm Ogg Media file. It can do a few things the common AVI format cannot.
.qt QuickTime multimedia file format
.rm RealMedia, a multimedia container format created by RealNetworks.
.rmvb RealMedia Variable Bitrate, a variable bitrate extension of the RealMedia multimedia container format developed by RealNetworks.
.vob Video Object, a container format contained in DVD-Video media.
.wmv Windows Media Video, a compressed video file format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft
Output formats: avi, mp4, wmv, flv, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, mpg (PAL or NTSC), mp3, wma, ogg, aac
One of the most important features for many users is the FLV conversion. Just about any video you wish to put on the web works great in FLV. Or if you have an FLV and want to edit the file in Windows Movie Maker, just convert it to AVI, or WMV. Through the program, you can also easily pull out and convert the video clips directly from You Tube and Google.
There is a free version and a paid version of the Any Video Converter software. So far, I noted a single limitation for the free version: the conversion to the Archos video player format can be performed only with the professional software version.
Any Video Converter features include:
* User-friendly interface that is easy to use.
* Converts all video formats to Apple iPod Video, Sony PSP and more
* Batch convert any video formats including avi, wmv, asf, mpg, mp4, etc.
* Support DivX and Xvid avi format as importing and exporting video
* Support default video/audio settings or user customized parameters for video and audio.
* Has the option to preview the video in real-time before conversion .
* World’s fastest video conversion speed with stunning video and audio quality.
* Supports adjust many video/audio options for MP4 files. For example, video/audio sample rate, bit rate, video size...
Developer website: http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Another benefit of the software use is that it will show you cold numbers. That means that you won't be a victim of your emotions. This is a big deal in the software trading!
Monday, May 11, 2009
After you made a search, you can select one or more files, and save the list into text/html/csv/xml file, or copy the list to the clipboard.
After running it, the 'Search Options' dialog-box is displayed. Select the base folders or drives that you want to search, the wildcard, and other search option that you need. After choosing the right search option, click 'Ok' in order to start the search. While in search process, the found files will be displayed in the main window. If you want to stop the search, you can simply click the 'Stop' menu.
- Base Folder: Specifies the folder that you want to scan. if 'Scan Subfolders' option is also checked, all subfolders under this folder will also be scanned. You can also specift multiple folders, delimited by semicolon. For example: c:\temp;d:\myfolder;d:\nirsoft
- Excluded Folders: Allows you to specify one or more folders (delimited by semicolon) that you want to exclude from the scan. For example: If you want to scan you entire C: drive, but without C:\Windows and C:\Documents and Settings, you should type 'C:\' in the Base Folder, and 'C:\Windows;C:\Documents and Settings' in the Excluded Folders field.
- Files Wildcard: Specifies the wildcard for scanning the files. You can specify multiple wildcards delimited by semicolon, for example: *.exe;*.dll;*.ocx
- Subfolders Wildcard: Specifies the wildcard for scanning the subfolders. For example, If you want to only scan the subfolders beginning with 'a' letter, you can specify a*.* in this field.
- File Contains: Allows you to search by the content of the files. You can make a text search or binary search. On binary search, you should specify the binary sequence that you want to search in Hex dump format, for example: 'A2 C5 2F 8A 9E AC'.
- File Size: Specifies that you want to search files in specified size range (For example: search all files with size between 238 and 741 bytes).
- Attributes: Specifies that you want to search files with specific attributes. For example: if you want to find all files that are read-only but are not hidden, you should select 'Yes' for Read Only attribute and 'No' for Hidden attribute.
- File Time: Allows you to search files that have been created, modified, or accessed in the specified time range. You can specify an accurate time range (For example: 10/12/2008 12:32:11 - 12/12/2008 13:32:56) or you can specify the last number of seconds/minutes/hours/days. For example, you can search all files that have been modified in the last 10 minutes.
- Search Subfolders: If this option is checked, SearchMyFiles will scan all subfolders under the specified base folders.
- Find Folders: If this option is checked, SearchMyFiles will search for folders according to the other search options. If this options is not selected, SearchMyFiles will only search for files.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
What is RIOT?
Riot (Radical Image Optimization Tool) is a free image optimizer that will let you to visually adjust compression parameters while keeping minimum file size. It uses with a side by side (dual view) or single view interface to compare the original with the optimized image in real time. It has a simple and easy to use interface where you will be able to control compression, number of colors, metadata settings and much more, and select image format (JPG, GIF or PNG) for your output file.
How RIOT can help you?
Saving images for web/email/other media with the best compression ratio and quality is a difficult task if you don’t have the right tools. Choosing the right format then choosing the right parameters are the key factors of smaller files. Previewing the resulting image and the projected file size will help the user choose the best settings. This kind of image optimization software is often called “Save for web”.
RIOT key features:
* Open multiple graphic file formats by looking first at the magic number (it does not need file extension to recognize format) including support for uncommon images types (up to 128 BPP, integer and floating point. EX: hdr images, 16 bit grayscale, etc). Adaptive logarithmic tone mapping algorithm (Drago) used for HDR images.
* Save and optimize JPEG, GIF and PNG with a simple, clean user interface.
* Works in dual view: (original - optimized image) or single view (optimized image). Automatic preview of resulting image.
* In-place comparison function (alternatively display the original image over the optimized image to notice small pixel changes).
* Compress files to desired file size threshold.
* Fast processing (all is done in memory); see instant results including resulting file size.
* Decide if you want to keep metadata (comments, IPTC, Adobe XMP, EXIF profiles, ICC profiles). Unsupported metadata is removed.
* Transfer metadata between image formats (destination format must support them).
* Common tools: pan and zoom, rotate, flip.
* Resize image by using well known resample filters (ex: Lanczos3, Catmull Rom, Bicubic, and others).
* The compression and the results are comparable to those of commercial products.
Software is absolutely free and available as stand-alone executable (portable application).