In many cases, both in business and personal operations, you may need to use text file format, which cannot be altered without leaving an electronic footprint. A PDF file is exactly what you need. Furthermore, the PDF file will appear on the reader’s computer exactly as you wanted it to be with no relation to the hardware or software. Free Adobe Acrobat Reader is an integral part of each Operating System.
However, PDF has its own drawbacks and complications to edit without additional utilities. The following free open source utility will help you to manipulate the PDF files easily.
PDFsam Basic is a simple tool designed to split and merge PDF files. It’s very simple, stable and completely free. It should cover most of your needs.
With its simple and intuitive interface you can:
* Split your PDF documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
* Merge many PDF documents or subsections of them.
* Extract sections of your document into a single PDF document.
* Mix alternate pages taken from two PDF documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
* Rotate pages of the selected PDF documents.
* Visually reorder pages of a selected PDF document.
* Visually compose a document dragging pages from selected PDF documents.
Developers’ website: http://www.pdfsam.org/?page_id=10
Direct download page (use Windows Installer for Windows OS): http://www.pdfsam.org/?page_id=32