In spite of the known limitations, Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email client for the Windows users. With lightweight free add-in TwInBox, you can easily link your Twitter account to Outlook, bringing Twitter online functionality with no need to open its web interface.
Sending Tweets from Outlook with TwInBox
- Update your Twitter status directly from Outlook.
- Receive your friend updates in Outlook.
- Archive, manage, group and search your tweets the same way you manage your email.
- Search, track keywords. TwInbox will automatically download ALL tweets matching the keywords you specify, even if you are not following the tweet sender. This feature is perfect for keeping up to date with the Twitter buzz on your name, brand, interests, etc.
- Group tweets by sender, topic, etc using the Search feature.
- Upload and post picture files and Outlook email attachments.
- See new tweets at a glance.
- Assign custom folder and categories to new messages.
- Use Outlook's "Reply" and "ReplyAll" commands to send twitter direct messages and @replies.
- Automatically sort new tweets into per-sender folders.
- Shorten URLs with tinyurl.
- See graphs of your Twitter usage statistics.
- Tweets sent to you (@replies and direct) are marked with high importance, so you can see them at a glance.
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP, Windows Vista® or Windows 7 with the latest Service Pack.
- Outlook 2003 SP3, 2007 SP2.
- TwInbox does NOT work with Outlook Express.