For those who download music from Internet and create personal audio collection, the free, small, portable, easy to use, and efficient MP3 editor can be a valuable addition to the software kit. The main target of the utility is to improve general quality of your MP3 collection.
What exactly can mpTrim do for you?
* mpTrim can trim MP3s - removing silent or unwanted parts. You can set the trim positions in seconds or by frame number, or use auto-detection to trim silence from the file.
* mpTrim can adjust the volume of MP3s. Volume change can be manual or automatic (volume normalization).
* mpTrim can fade-in/out MP3s (to fix abrupt beginning/ending). You can choose from 3 pre-defined fading effects.
* mpTrim can clean-up MP3s and recover wasted disk space.
* mpTrim keeps the music quality intact, no matter how many times you process an MP3, because it works directly in the MP3 format without having to decode/re-encode. That also makes it very fast.
* mpTrim supports ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags, and can either maintain existing tags, remove them, or update them when the file is edited.
mpTrim is ultimate freeware with no evaluation period or time limit. It is available in many languages.
Operating systems: Win98/Me/NT4/2K/XP/Vista/Windows 7.
Limitations: For large files (more than 7 minutes audio clips) the system will asks you to consider a for-pay upgrade to PRO version of the program.