You have the free or commercial antivirus software installed on your computer as the first line of the real-time protection. However, you never can rely 100% on blocking all unwanted “guests” on your computer. As you realize that your computer has been infected by malware, you start looking for the emergency cleaning solution.
Depending on the intruder, system recovery may be fast and easy, and may be difficult and tiresome. In any case, you need several utilities to remove the enemy and destroy all traces of its presence on your hard drive and registry. There are many free utilities, claiming to do the job. Do not trust the promises and advertising. There are still fake anti-malware programs, which may bring even more harm to your system. Chose only trusted solutions, and trusted downloading sources.
While I have about 10 different portable software programs on my USB toolbox, I have already established certain routine on how I approach disinfection task on affected computers. And Malwarebytes is one of the “medicines” I am running at the beginning of the recovery process.
Using Malwarebytes is simple and friendly, while the program can find intruders and do the job with exceptional quality and speed. After you run it, click Scan, and it checks your system for infections. There are two options: you can either do a quick scan, or a more comprehensive scan. For an initial scan, it is recommended to perform a long but thorough comprehensive scan.
After the program reports its findings, it will clean the infections for you or place the dangerous files in quarantine before killing them. The software also has Ignore List, so when you are positive that Malwarebytes is over-protective and the malware definition is false, you can put it on the list, and the next time, it won't be identified as malware.
Note that you can run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware program for free to scan and disinfect your system. But if you want to enable real-time protection to stop your PC from being infected in the first place, and to schedule scans, you'll have to register it. For consumers and personal use, it is a onetime fee of $24.95.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7.
- Languages Available: English, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
Freeware Key Features
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Database updates released daily.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.