While every Operation System comes with its own built-in Applications Launcher, it is obviously not quite satisfactory to many users, since there are tons of the programs’ launching utilities on the consumer market, and most are free to use. We are going to present a simple application launcher MadAppLauncher, which is designed based on an interesting concept and equipped with set of attractive features.
It is design to execute group applications, folders, scripts, etc. with ease, using hot keys, assigned to each item. It supports drag and drop and manual editing. There is no need to remember all those hot keys; just activate the application launcher, press one number key to select a tab (group) and another key(letter/symbol) to launch the corresponding application. The software is freeware, under GPLv3 license.
Objectives of MadAppLauncher
- Reduce desktop and task bar clutter by using tab groups
- Reduce the number of mouse clicks/moves and key presses
- Access applications, files, and folders fast so you can focus on what you need to do
- Assign 30 programs for each of the 10 tab pages. A total of 300 per configuration.
- Press a key to find a program; 0-9 to activate tabs and the corresponding letter/symbol to launch a program.
- Organize better by assigning a configuration file to a button - effectively creating a cascading set of programs.
- Option to keep the application launcher window on top of all other windows.
- Option to auto-hide the application launcher window when an application, file, or folder is opened.
- Option to always center the application launcher on screen.
- Option to change the hotkey used to activate the application launcher.
- Drag and Drop applications, files, and folders.
- Check for updates on startup.
- Option to change an application's initial window size and location.
- Save multiple sets of applications.
- Run programs as administrator.
- Duplicate applications assigned to buttons.
- Move buttons across tabs.
- Auto activate tabs on mouse over.
- Option to press a key twice before launching.
- Refresh icons for portable applications, files, and folders.
- Auto-save data files.
Developers Website: http://sites.google.com/site/madapplauncher/
- Microsoft XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile (web-installer included)