The free software market is huge, and is going bigger and bigger every day. It has everything you need for your daily routine or special needs. The key is to locate the software utilities which fill your needs. If you read the developer’s description for each program, you may think that it is indeed the only and the best. But, in many cases, you realize that it is not as good as it was promised, or it is really good, but it is not what you need.
The only way to create a personal software package, covering everything, the only way is to try. If the program is portable, which I personally love and use, you have no issues. Tried, did not like, closed, deleted. No changes made on your PC (if the software is really portable). But not everything has been created by developers without installation on your Hard Disk requirements.
What is a big deal? – Will ask newbie, - I will not use it, and it does not bother me.
What is a big deal? – Will ask more experienced use, - I can always uninstall it with Add/Remove built-in Windows feature.
Unfortunately, leaving the unneeded software, drivers, registry entries, and simply data, is causing the system become sluggish, and increase chances for the software conflicts and crashes. And Add/Remove feature is so basic, that it fails to perform appropriate clean-up after the software removal. In some cases, it cannot even remove the software at all.
The demand in Clean Uninstall solution brings multiple developers in this niche.
Free Uninstaller is the freeware software un-installation utility - advanced replacement for standard Windows Add/Remove program option. It is faster than system applet and contains advanced features and capabilities. The main task is smooth removal of the applications, installed on your PC, and cleaning of all invalid entries from the uninstall list.
The Free Uninstaller interface is a very simple and user-friendly. It consists of 3 main elements: toolbar with the most frequently used functions, list of the installed applications, and bottom panel with additional information about the selected application. To uninstall program, select it on the list and click Uninstall. To remove program from list, select it and click Remove.
Invalid elements are highlighted with red. System components are highlighted with dark blue. Since removing system components can damage the operating system, they are hidden by default.
- Removing/uninstalling multiple programs at once. Just select desired applications on the list and click Uninstall or Remove button. (To select multiple programs use Ctrl key.)
- Removing invalid entries from the system uninstall list.
- Saving and loading uninstall lists to/from FUN_LIST files.
- Highlighting invalid elements and/or system components.
- Displaying detailed information on every installed program (name and version, size, producer name, producer web page, comments, uninstall command etc.)
- Sorting list. Ascending or descending.
- "Clickable" registry and www links.
- Large number of options.
- Advanced search option.
- Searching program name and program producer with Google, Yahoo! Search, Live.com (MSN).
- Displaying registry entries created by selected program’s installer. (Details window).
- Exporting displayed list to the HTML file and copying selected elements to the Clipboard.
- Generating backup of the system uninstall list to a REG file.
- Saving and restoring user settings.
- Supported languages: English, Polish.
- Software is portable and does not require installation on your Hard Drive.
- 100% freeware - for commercial and non-commercial use. No adware. No spyware.
Developers’ Website: http://www.pazera-software.com/products/free-uninstaller/