“Free” and “Professional” are two software definitions which rarely go hand-by-hand… Especially when “Free” should be extended to all purposes, including commercial…
It took me several days to find software, which may fit my needs. I was looking for screen capture utility, which on top of the usual requirements (like being features-rich, fast, easy to use, and portable) will be free to use for all purposes, including business purposes. This requirement is mandatory, since I am planning to use this utility in the office.
After checking more than 10 different programs, I finally decided to give a priority to Greenshot. Time will tell, was my choice justified or not. So far, I can support the statement of one of the online program’s reviewers: “Greenshot is so easy to use, it will have you wondering why you'd ever pay for a screen capture utility”.
What is Greenshot?
Greenshot is a light-weight screenshot software tool for Windows with the following key features:
* Quickly create screenshots of a selected region, window or full screen; you can even capture complete (scrolling) web pages from Internet Explorer.
* Easily annotate, highlight or obfuscate parts of the screenshot with image editor.
* Export the screenshot in various ways: save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to e-mail, send Office programs or upload to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa, and others.
* There is a portable version, requiring the computer to have the Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 or later installed. Otherwise, you can also use installer version.
* Greenshot is free in terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). You may use this program free of charge for private as well as commercial purposes.
Being easy to understand and configurable, Greenshot is an efficient tool for project managers, software developers, technical writers, testers and anyone else creating screenshots.
Direct Download (Installer): http://sourceforge.net/projects/greenshot/files/Greenshot/Greenshot%201.1/Greenshot-INSTALLER-126.96.36.19943.exe
Direct Download (Portable): http://sourceforge.net/projects/greenshot/files/Greenshot/Greenshot%201.1/Greenshot-NO-INSTALLER-188.8.131.5243.zip