Maxthon browser are not new on the market, and I use various versions successfully for many years, ever since I replaced outdated Internet Explorer on my desktop. However, the new cloud version, recently released, is worth to upgrade.
The new version, Maxthon Cloud Browser for Windows uses a unique, innovative dual-core design that uses both Webkit and Trident. Fast and efficient, our dual-core design displays all web pages quickly and reliably. With its first-place HTML 5 support and ‘out of the box’ features you can‘t get anywhere else, Maxthon Cloud Browser for Windows frees people to share and send files among different devices and platforms, easily.
Maxthon Cloud Services
* Cloud Push: Supports sending text, images, websites/links and tabs to Mac, Android and Windows operating systems.
* Cloud Share: Supports sharing text, images, websites/links and files with friends.
* Cloud Download: Supports downloading files in various formats and uploading them to 'My Cloud' for backup on any device.
* My Cloud Tabs: Lets you pick up where you left off by automatically syncing your tabs to Android, iOS or Mac devices.
* Cloud Sync: Syncs account data (Favorites, Settings and Magic Fill data) to other devices.
* Reader Mode: Makes it easy to view articles by adjusting font sizes and removing ads and other distractions.
* Night Mode: Adjusts the brightness of the screen for low-light reading.
Features that Make Web Browsing Less Annoying and More Convenient
* Magic Fill: Maxthon securely saves the names and passwords of websites you visit and then fills in that information when you return.
* Ad Hunter: Maxthon removes advertisements with one click, and automatically blocks annoying pop-up windows.
* New Session: Users and gamers can simultaneously log into the same website with different accounts.
* Source Sniffer: Extract all photos, embedded videos and audio files from a web page and download them with one click.
* SkyNote: Save and access text notes anywhere, anytime. You can also sync them across Windows and Android.
* "Do Not Track” protects your privacy by preventing ad networks from tracking you.
* Maxthon has a diverse selection of extensions for entertainment, information and social media.
* Extensions are easy to install and manage with just one click.
Easy Screen Grabs with Maxthon 'Snap'
* Click the camera button in the toolbar to easily and quickly capture a screenshot of the entire web page in one click!
Security and Privacy
* Safe site technology identifies websites you are about to visit and lets you know if they are safe and secure.
* Maxthon blocks malicious websites and phishing attempts for you, automatically.
* Easily launch a private browsing session that does not track history.
Getting used to Roboform accounts manager, I cannot consider the browser, which does not support this adds-on. Fortunately, Maxthon Cloud allows using it. It might not appear on the default install, however you may be confident that it works properly with Maxthon Cloud in the same manner in Trident (retro) mode. As soon as you switch to the Retro mode, you will see the lower toolbar (which is Roboform default) at the bottom of the page, if toolbar option is activated in Roboform settings.
Respectable online magazine PCMag rated the new browser as an excellent utility and assessed its strong and weak spots in the editorial review at http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2408060,00.asp