BlueStacks App Player lets you run your favorite mobile apps fast and fullscreen in your browser and on PC.
I like Windows OS for my Desktop and Android OS for my mobile devices. Sometimes, in order to test the Android apps experience, I use the special player to run them on my desktop. You also can do that simple and straightforward way with BlueStacks App Player, brining thousands of Android applications and games straight to your Desktop.
The biggest advantage of BlueStacks is in its ability to run Android OS and apps on Windows PCs with instant switch between two operating systems - Android and Windows – with no reboot required. Android apps can appear either as icons on the Windows desktop, or within a full-blown Android environment.
The seamless user experience, simultaneous use of Android and Windows apps, and multi-touch enablement are built on ground breaking virtualization technology, which requires zero configuration and is transparent to the end consumer.
The BlueStacks App Player includes the KitKat release of Android. This release is generally available (GA) for public downloads through BlueStacks’ website.
Windows 8.1, 8, 7 Installation Requirements
If you run the latest Windows Operating Systems, you can install the BlueStacks App Player on Window as long as the following requirements are fulfilled:
* You must be an Administrator on your PC.
* Your PC must have 2GB of RAM/main memory. Note that having 2GB or more disk space is not a substitute for RAM.
* Your PC must have 9GB of disk space available for storing Android apps / games and their data.
* The drivers for your PC's graphics drivers should be updated for compatibility.
* The App Player is nominally installed in the same drive where Windows is installed, usually C:\. However, during installation, you may choose to have all of the apps/data located on another drive.
It is not recommend installing the BlueStacks App Player if you have a virtual machine, e.g., Microsoft Virtual PC, VMWare Workstation, or Oracle Virtualbox, installed on the same PC.
Please note that BlueStacks is incompatible with BitDefender, you can install anyone but not both of them on the same PC.
Free Version Limitations
Free version of the player occasionally downloads sponsored apps and offers you to install and try them. That takes the bandwidth and may occasionally slow down the system operation.