VirtuaWin is an application for the Windows user community that misses the wonderful multiple desktop functionality often used on Unix systems. It is simple, reliable and highly configurable, supporting up to 20 virtual desktops.
A virtual desktop manager lets you organize applications over several virtual desktops (also called ‘workspaces’). Virtual desktops are very common in Unix/Linux, and once you get accustomed to using them, they become an essential part of a productive workflow.
* Multiple virtual desktops for Windows
* Supports dual monitor, Unicode & 64 bit on Win9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7
* Portable app version - no installation required
* Navigate using mouse, hotkeys, menus or visual pagers
* Customizable system tray icons & several visual pagers
* Module interface for limitless extensibility
* Very active support forum
* Over a million downloads
VirtuaWin is designed to be simple and elegant to use yet still be highly configurable and extensible.
Cost: Free Open Source
Download the program (portable version is available): http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtuawin/files/VirtuaWin/4.4/
Download additional modules: http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/?page_id=50