SharePod is application that makes the process easy and reliable. The new software version 3.8 has been released on April 2, 2008.
So, what is SharePod? SharePod 3 is a lightweight music management program for iPod. You can copy music and videos between your iPod and computers without any additional conversion and synchronization procedures and with no extra software installed.
Software is easy to use. Download SharePod and extract the contents of the zip file to your iPod drive. As this procedure is completed, your iPod will appear as a Removable Drive in My Computer when it is plugged in.
- You can copy songs and playlists from your iPod to your PC.
- You can copy songs from a PC to your iPod with no need for iTunes.
- Customize and optimize organization of copied files - you can choose your own folder and filename structure.
- While software can be used without iTunes, if needed, integration with iTunes can be easily achieved - once you have copied music to your PC, you can easily add it to your iTunes library.
- Software has built-in media player for your convenience.
- Searching capabilities by various criteria: by Title, Artist, Album, Genre (or any combination).
- You can create Winamp playlists from the music on your iPod so you can listen without copying the mp3 audio files to your computer.
- iPod Network File Sharing - If you are on a network, and you enable the special feature, other users can run your copy of SharePod from their own computers, and download music directly from your iPod.
- No messy install/uninstall process - SharePod is just a couple of files, and is running directly from the iPod, so you do not need to install anything in the computer you are using.
- User-friendly and intuitive interface with drag-and-drop capabilities.