The freeware portable utility, presented in this post, will be useful for users of the most popular on the market email client Microsoft Outlook. This plugin will help you to get better visibility on the email communication trends.
OutlookStatView scans your Outlook mailbox, and display a general statistics about the users that you communicate via emails. For each user/email, the following information is displayed: The number of outgoing messages that you sent to the user (separated by to/cc/bcc), the number of incoming message that the user sent to you, the total size of messages sent by the user, the email client software used by this user, and the time range that you send/received emails with the specified user.
The utility is developed by Nir Sofer, well-known software developer.
OutlookStatView doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files. In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - OutlookStatView.
If you have only one profile in your Outlook, and this profile doesn't require any password, you can run OutlookStatView even without starting Outlook, and it'll automatically scan the mailbox of your current Outlook profile. Otherwise, it's recommended to open Outlook in the right profile before starting OutlookStatView.
After running OutlookStatView, the 'MailBox Scan Options' window will be displayed. This window allows to choose to scan your mailbox only in specific dates range. For example, if you want to get the statistics only for January 2010, you should choose the dates range from 01/01/2010 and up to 02/01/2010 (the last day won't be included).
When you restrict the scan to short dates range, the scan process will be much faster than scanning the entire mailbox.
After choosing 'Ok' in the options window, OutlookStatView will start to scan your mailbox and then display the statistics about your email activity. Be aware that the scanning process may take from a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on the size of your mailbox and your hardware.
- Display Name: The display name of the user.
- Email: The email address.
- Total Incoming: Total number of emails that sent by this user to your mailbox.
- Total Outgoing (To): Total number of emails that you sent to this user as 'To'.
- Total Outgoing (CC): Total number of emails that you sent to this user as 'CC'.
- Total Outgoing (BCC): Total number of emails that you sent to this user as 'BCC'.
- Total Outgoing (All): Total number of emails that you sent to this user.
- Total Incoming Messages Size: Total size of messages received from the specified user.
- Total Outgoing Messages Size: Total size of messages sent to the specified user.
- First Message On: The date/time of the first time that you sent or received a message to this user.
- Last Message On: The date/time of the last time that you sent or received a message to this user.
- First Software Name: The software name (Outlook, Thunderbird, and so on) that this user used in his first message sent to you. Be aware that for some kind of emails (For example: GMail accounts), this field will remain empty.
- Last Software Name: The software name (Outlook, Thunderbird, and so on) that this user used in his last message sent to you. Be aware that for some kind of emails (For example: GMail accounts), this field will remain empty.
- First/Last Computer Address: The computer address that this user used in his first/last message sent to you. Depending on mail server configuration, this column might contain the name/IP address of the computer that sent the email or the name/address of the mail server itself. The IP address displayed in this column might be the internal IP address (for example: 192.168.5.6) or an external IP address that was used to send the email.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/2003/2008/7.
- Any version of Microsoft Outlook.
Download (32-bit): http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlookstatview.zip