When it comes to the browsers, the vast majority of the Internet users mention just few popular names, like Internet Explorer (IE), Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. The market is almost completely occupied by few major players. However, it does not mean that the competition to the leaders does not exist. There are some products, which form several perspectives are even better, more features rich, and even more reliable. For example, if you are a fan of Firefox, I would encourage you to take a look on the Pale Moon browser, which is built on Mozilla platform, but claimed to be much better than the source.
Pale Moon is a fast and stable Open Source alternative to the standard Firefox browser. It is an Open Source program, available for Microsoft Windows and Linux (with other operating systems in development).
Pale Moon offers you a browsing experience in a browser completely built from its own, independently developed source, that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code, with carefully selected features and optimizations to maximize the browser's speed (up to 25% faster), stability and user experience, while offering a rich collection of extensions and themes (including compatibility with many Firefox extensions users have come to love and rely on).
Pale Moon Features:
* Optimized for modern processors
* Safe: forked from Firefox and regularly updated.
* Supported by a friendly, active community of users
* Support for full themes: total freedom of any element's design
* Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins)
* Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing
* Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes
* Support for many Firefox extensions (add-ons)
* Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions
* Extensive and growing support for HTML5 and CSS3
* Many customization and configuration options
* Pale Moon is able to import existing Firefox profiles with the migration tool
* Portable version is available