TinySpell freeware utility points on the main feature in its name. This software is designed to check and correct any misspellings in the Windows text applications. While MS Word and some other applications (like email agent MS Outlook and Chrome browser) have the built-in spell checker, other simply do not have it, so user have to copy and paste the text to Word for spell proofing. The software is totally free - no adware/spyware/nagware/etc.
* Checks spelling on-the-fly (alerts if the last typed word was misspelled)
* Checks spelling of text that is copied to the clipboard
* Allows you to specify applications for which tinySpell is disabled or enabled
* Optionally beeps on error (beep sound can be easily set to any wav file)
* Optionally displays a spelling tip
* new in v1.8: Provides easy access to on-line web services (Search, Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia)
* Opens replacements list with a simple mouse click or a hot-key
* Optionally copies the selected replacement word to the clipboard
* Optionally inserts the selected replacement word into the document
* Allows you to add words to the dictionary
* Uses little system resources
Authors Website: http://tinyspell.m6.net/
OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Download the utility on your Hard Drive.
- Install it regularly on your PC.
- Copy the C:\Program Files\tinySpell folder to your USB device.
- From the tinySpell folder, click tinyspell.exe to launch Tiny Spell.
- Uninstall tiny spell from your PC and continue to use it portably.