QTranslate is a freeware in-text translator utility for Windows (Windows 8/7/Vista/XP), helping you to read posts, study and enhance your knowledge of foreign languages. The operation is simple and straight-forward: you select the text you want to translate and then press the hot key (Ctrl+Q to show translation in the popup window or Double Ctrl click to show the translation in the main window). The program also has the ability to speak text (Ctrl+E) and perform a dictionary search (Win+Q). Also, you have an option to open the main program window and type text manually or copy from another source.
Note! The program translates a text by using online translation services, so you need an Internet connection.
The current version supports the following translation services:
The program has two modes of translation by mouse selection (click on the program icon in the system tray to turn this mode on):
- Show icon (Select text in any program, the program icon will appear near the cursor. Click on the icon, the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear);
- Show translation (Select text in any program and the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear immediately).
The main features:
- Translate text in any application that supports text selection (Google Chrome, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Acrobat Reader, Skype, IE and etc.);
- Search in online dictionaries;
- Back translation;
- Replace the selected text with its translation;
- Instant translation;
- Spell checking;
- Text to speech synthesis;
- Word suggestion/autocomplete;
- History of translations;
- Virtual keyboard.
Developers’ website: http://quest-app.appspot.com/home
Direct download link (portable version): http://quest-app.appspot.com/QTranslate.5.2.0.zip
Direct download link (installer): http://quest-app.appspot.com/QTranslate.5.2.0.exe