Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Have you ever experienced critical situation, when you let your kids play with your computer, and you left really sorry thereafter, when you found that the undesirable changes are made to the computer configuration? Or you have to perform really challenging tasks on your PC, and you are not sure the changes will not be too dangerous?
That’s it! You do not need to worry anymore, since ToolWiz Time Freeze freeware will allow you to get back to the reference point on your computer status anytime, guaranteed. The solution is better and safer that the one offered by the questionable Windows built-in utility, allowing rolling back to the previous dates, since this utility is not very reliable.
ToolWiz Time Freeze is effective Instant System Restore software to keep your computer system safe and protect your computer from undesired changes. The program is flexible, and you can also add any file/folder to the special exclusion list, if you sure you want to keep the changes on them. Basically, the software clones your system, creating fully working copies that you can use normally (or as you wish) without risking your "real" system. It puts the actual system under secure protection and creates a virtual environment for system partition, on which you then run applications and surf the internet. It provides higher-level security to computer protection, and greatly improves the efficiency of virtual systems.
You just reboot the computer to restore your system to the previous state.
* Protects your files and folders from unwanted changes and provides password protection;
* Keeps System Safe from threats of virus, spyware, worm, Trojan, etc.;
* Enter Virtual System with a single click, no need to reboot computer; easy switch between virtual & real system.
* Easy System Restore and Recovery to remove unwanted changes;
* Adding files to the Folder Exclusion Feature;
* No change MBR.
* It is free for anyone, for any purposes.
Operating Systems Supported:
* Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
* Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
* Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
* Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)
Direct Download: http://www.toolwiz.com/download.php?action=ToolWizTimeFreeze
Monday, November 18, 2013
QTranslate is a freeware in-text translator utility for Windows (Windows 8/7/Vista/XP), helping you to read posts, study and enhance your knowledge of foreign languages. The operation is simple and straight-forward: you select the text you want to translate and then press the hot key (Ctrl+Q to show translation in the popup window or Double Ctrl click to show the translation in the main window). The program also has the ability to speak text (Ctrl+E) and perform a dictionary search (Win+Q). Also, you have an option to open the main program window and type text manually or copy from another source.
Note! The program translates a text by using online translation services, so you need an Internet connection.
The current version supports the following translation services:
The program has two modes of translation by mouse selection (click on the program icon in the system tray to turn this mode on):
- Show icon (Select text in any program, the program icon will appear near the cursor. Click on the icon, the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear);
- Show translation (Select text in any program and the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear immediately).
The main features:
- Translate text in any application that supports text selection (Google Chrome, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Acrobat Reader, Skype, IE and etc.);
- Search in online dictionaries;
- Back translation;
- Replace the selected text with its translation;
- Instant translation;
- Spell checking;
- Text to speech synthesis;
- Word suggestion/autocomplete;
- History of translations;
- Virtual keyboard.
Developers’ website: http://quest-app.appspot.com/home
Direct download link (portable version): http://quest-app.appspot.com/QTranslate.5.2.0.zip
Direct download link (installer): http://quest-app.appspot.com/QTranslate.5.2.0.exe
Posted by Michael Pekker at 10:52 PM
Thursday, November 7, 2013
There are numerous reviews considering new Bittorrent Client Tixati as the best on the market P2P agent. It combines all the features you may need with simple and straightforward interface, easy to understand and operate. That is 100% freeware, with no spyware or ads.
* Simple and easy to use
* Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
* DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
* Easy and quick install - no java, no .net
* Super-efficient peer selection and choking
* RC4 connection encryption for added security
* Detailed bandwidth management and charting
* UDP Peer Connections and NAT router hole-punching
* Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
*Windows and Linux Native Versions Available
Downloading page: http://www.tixati.com/download/
Direct Download for Windows (portable version): http://www.tixati.com/download/tixati-1.96-1.portable.zip
Posted by Michael Pekker at 10:55 PM
Sunday, November 3, 2013
Almost every computer user keeps files that are personal, private and confidential, or important to be preserved as undeletable. It is especially important if you have a shared computer, which can be accessed by other family members, roommates, friends, or coworkers.
You may have files that are inappropriate for kids or other family members, or files with valuable information that can be stolen. Such files and folders need security protection so that intruders or unauthorized users cannot access, read, view, copy, move or delete them.
The important information will also be hidden from unauthorized access if your computer is lost or stolen.
In this post, we will present 5 freeware utilities, which will allow you to hide folders on your computer without been expert in PC security.
Note that these utilities are mostly recommended for home and personal use, while top secret commercial information may need to be secured with more elaborated encryption.
Wise Folder Hider
Wise Folder Hider is a freeware designed to hide your personal folder(s) or file(s) in your PC or in removable devices, when you are able to protect your privacy with passwords through easy steps.
* Wise Folder Hider is a completely freeware with all functions operational, updates and basic technical supports available to all users.
* Only with a few simple clicks can you hide your private and sensitive data like docs, photos, videos, folders, etc.
* Mechanism of Two-Tier-Passwords makes the hiding safe enough: one password to log in and the other one to hide and unhide the data.
* You can simply drag and drop a file/folder into Wise Folder Hider. This feature is available in Win8/7/Vista OS (only when UAC is disabled) and XP OS.
* You can hide files/folders by right-click without opening Wise Folder Hider. You will be able to access/unhide these files or folders when you log in WFH.
* Wise Folder Hider can hide the entire Flash Drive as well as the folders and files in it.
Developers’ website: http://www.wisecleaner.com/wisefolderhider.html
Free Folder Hider
Free Folder Hider can hide and password-protect your files, folders, pictures, and documents in seconds.
Note that this program only hides the folders, and does not encrypt the files, so you do not need to worry about lost files because of forgetting the password or Windows system crash.
* There are two ways to hide a folder. Click the "Add to..." button at program main form, and then choose the folder you want to hide. Or, you can choose and hide a folder from Windows Explorer.
* The hidden folders information are stored in the "Private Folders list", you can hide and unhide them.
* You can batch hide or unhide all folders in the "Private Folders list".
* If a folder is no longer need to be hidden, you can remove it from the "Private Folders list".
* If you need to format the hard disk or reinstall the Windows system, please remember to first unhide all hidden folders.
Developers’ website: http://www.freefolderhider.com/
My Lockbox enables you to hide, lock and password protect almost any folder on your computer.
* Extremely easy in use;
* Clear and convenient user interface available in more than 10 different languages;
* Hotkey combinations for basic actions;
* Instant data protection with no limits on size of the protected data;
* Password protection for locked data and program uninstall;
* Free edition limitation: protects one folder with unlimited number of subfolders. Professional edition protects unlimited number of folders;
* Supports all modern Windows operating systems (XP, Vista, 7, 8) including 64-bit editions;
Instant and safe online password recovery;
* Trusted processes feature lets backup, antivirus or similar software to backup or scan your protected folder;
* Protects folders even in Windows safe mode;
* Renaming upper-level folder would not reveal protected files;
Developers’ website: http://fspro.net/my-lockbox/
WinMend Folder Hidden
WinMend Folder Hidden is a free file/folder hiding tool. While ensuring the absolute system safety, this application can quickly hide files and folders on local partitions and/or on removable devices. The hidden files/folders will be safely hidden whether the drive is accessed in another operating system on the same computer or reinstalled on another computer. You can set a password for this application. Hidden data can be displayed and unhidden only when the user enters the valid password. The data is completely invisible to other programs or on other operating systems.
Developers’ website: http://www.winmend.com/folder-hidden/
Hide Folders is robust and powerful Windows application for hiding folders with private data. Hidden folders cannot be accessed, viewed, searched or deleted. Other users will not be aware of their existence. There are no limits on number of folders to hide or on the file types, names, extensions or characters. Hide Folders is released under GNU General Public License and is free for personal and commercial use.
* Securely hide folders with your confidential data
* Works on Windows XP and Windows Vista, supports NTFS, FAT32 and FAT file system.
* Password protection - folders can be unhidden only after entering a password within the program.
* Hidden folders cannot be uncovered by deinstalling the program.
* Unlimited number of folders can be hidden.
* Folders are hidden even in Windows safe mode.
Developers’ website: http://www.hidefolders.org/
Posted by Michael Pekker at 9:26 PM
Friday, November 1, 2013
bitRipper is FREE DVD to AVI conversion software that allows you to back-up your DVD's as AVI files on the hard drive. It can be used for simple and straightforward one-click ripping and allows to applied advanced features for conversion if needed. You can choose whether to use default configuration values or to set them manually.
There are all necessary settings available:
* Video and audio codecs configuration
* Video resolution and aspect ratio
* Sound track language and sound value normalization
* Variety of actions to be performed after the copying process is completed
* Includes 3rd party decryption module for CSS protected DVDs
Big advantage of bitRipper that it does not require a lot of hard drive space to copy all DVD content to the before converting to AVI, as the process is real-time on-the-fly, while copying data and writing it to AVI file is performed at the same time.
bitRipper was a commercial application, and it just recently became a freeware. However, it possesses the commercial quality of operations and has multiple features, usually not included in other free utilities:
* Ability to control the ripping process system priority
* Internal video bitrate calculator to fine-tune the compression level
* Authorization support for protected discs
* Episodical discs support (multiple DVD tracks containing multiple parts)
* Support of the most of video export formats including AVI, MPEG, DivX.
Direct download: http://www.bitripper.com/download.html
Note that the registration code is included on the page for your convenience to unlock all features.
Posted by Michael Pekker at 11:09 PM